Digitization is understood to mean:
- The transcoding of the analog real world into a binary representation. Essential elements are the code converters. Analog-digital is done by a smart meter, for example. Digital analog, the electricity bill is generated by a printer.
- The data is processed locally and directly at the location of the event. Sensors, actuators and processors are in one device (IoT) and have crystalline intelligence – thus RealTime is guaranteed (Digital Camera)
- The networking among each other and with storage systems causes an exponential growth of data – BigData. (Google Photos)
- Through their further processing in DeepLearning units, the data becomes meaningful and can be used for assistance services. “Find all the photos with me on the sandy beach”
- The human being as a production factor is increasingly being replaced by digital entities. Quality increases and price decreases. Companies need employees with “digital literacy“.
- Separated from the analogue world, purely digital services and products are developed (augmented and virtual reality)
- People communicate directly with digital entities.
How does this affect society?
- The abundance of cheap products and services leads to a massive intensification of competition and thus of marketing.
- This is carried out directly in the unconscious of the customer via social media. This makes customer data extremely valuable because it can be used to directly address purchasing behavior and personal preferences.
- Mass products such as smartphones and everyday devices are cheaply produced in China for the global market and overpriced sold by capital owners.
- The forecasts with 40 % job loss within 10 years would have to lead to conditions similar to civil war. In any case, the social middle class is getting thinner. A counter movement would be regionalisation.
- The uncanny convenience of the digital world lets us completely ignore these dangers or blame them on a scapegoat.
How does this affect companies?
- Entropy reduction: Means that the increasing complexity must in turn be transformed into order.
- Networking: Means that systems must be integrated.
- Autonomous actuators: are digital employees working in customer service.
- RealTime: Customers expect immediate service.
- FlowControl: Digitally animated to glide. Keep to the point.
- PopUp Response: Don’t react to everything – keep coming back.
- AttentionGeneration: Attention in abundance of data.
- CyberOrganisation: There are people and digital beings as employees.
- DataConversion: Data alone have no meaning. Data Scientists are needed.
- Prediction: This will be the new intelligence of organizations.